4224 Northern Pike
Monroeville, PA 15146

412.373.4200

Specialty and 24-Hour Emergency Pet Care

Avets | The Avets Fund

The Avets Fund

Avets | The Avets Fund

While providing life-saving care for the pets in our community, Avets believes there are situations that would be less tragic if financial assistance was available. With this in mind Avets has aligned with the AVMF’s Veterinary Care Charitable Fund to create The Avets Fund.

The Avets Fund exists to help dogs & cats that fall into one of three categories:

  1. Pets that are injured in tragedies, to include house fires, natural disasters (floods, tornadoes, etc.) or as occupants in motor vehicle accidents.
     
  2. Personal Service / Assistance dogs that are sick or injured.
     
  3. Stray dogs and cats that are injured and presented to Avets by a person who qualifies as a “Good Samaritan.”

While the care of such cases is initiated at Avets, it is not a requirement that the funds be used solely in our hospital. The Avets Fund aims to provide grants not only to assist with care at our hospital, but also with follow-up care at primary care veterinary facilities.

100% of your tax-deductible donation is used to help animals in need.  92% of each donation is made available to The Avets Fund while the other 8% is donated to the AVMF’s Greatest Needs Fund.  Unlike other animal assistance foundations, these funds do not pay for salaries, office supplies, fundraisers, or other expenses unrelated to care.

Avets | American Veterinary Medical Foundation

Your Companion in Specialty Care

Specialty and 24-Hour Emergency Pet Care for Western Pennsylvania