February 24, 2020
Our 24-hour emergency and specialty hospital is looking for a board-certified or board eligible criticalist to join our team as the second criticalist. As a long-standing provider of quality emergency and specialty veterinary care, Avets was one of the first 15 hospitals in the country to earn the designation of a VECCS Level 1 emergency and critical care facility. Practicing quality medicine and compassionate care for patients, families, and referring veterinarians in our community is and has remained our focus. We believe that our one hospital model, which creates an environment where specialists collaborate openly as a team, allows us to best serve the needs of our patients and clients. Our specialists work alongside each other making medical and patient care decisions together.
For the right candidate, there is also a potential of adding the title of Medical Director.
Professional Points of Interest:
- Strong relationships with referring veterinarians and specialists and a team that strives to provide the best patient care in the areas of emergency and critical care, surgery, internal medicine and rehabilitation.
- Direct influence working alongside each other, to build, advance and continue to grow our emergency and specialty service offerings.
- Access to our in-house state of the art diagnostic and monitoring equipment, including Esprit ventilator, high flow oxygen unit, point-of-care and diagnostic ultrasounds, continuous renal replacement therapy and therapeutic plasma exchange, CT/MRI, endoscopy and laparoscopy, telemetry and full in-house laboratory, including ABL blood gas, co-oximetry, and coagulation monitoring.
- Strong critical care residency and internship program that prioritizes didactic rounds allowing for both teaching and learning high level medicine.
- Access to advanced veterinary emergency and specialty resources across the country as a member of Compassion-First Pet Hospitals.
Personal Points of Interest:
Avets, located in Monroeville, PA, is close to both Pittsburgh’s city neighborhoods and more remote living options. Whether you like to explore historic museums, charming cultural districts, or local breweries, you’ll never be far away from all that our city has to offer. If hiking and spending the day on the river or slopes is more your style, the beautiful Laurel Highlands region offers a wide range of outdoor activities. In recent years, both The Economist and Forbes Magazine have noted that Pittsburgh’s affordable standard of living, top-notch health care facilities and cultural attractions combine to make it one of America’s most livable cities.
We would love to learn more about you and show you around our city.