The Angel Fund

Avets believes there are situations that would be less tragic for pets in our community if financial assistance were available. With this in mind, Avets has aligned with the AVMF’s Veterinary Care Charitable Fund to create The Angel Fund.

Our Reason

The Angel Fund exists to help dogs & cats that fall into one of three categories:

  • Pets that are injured in tragedies, including house fires, natural disasters (floods, tornadoes, etc.), or as occupants in motor vehicle accidents.
  • Personal service or assistance pets that are sick or injured.
  • Stray pets that are injured and presented to Avets by a person who qualifies as a “Good Samaritan”.

While the care of such cases is initiated at Avets, it is not a requirement that the funds be used solely in our hospital. The Angel Fund aims to provide grants not only to assist with care at our hospital but also with follow-up care at primary care veterinary facilities.

100% of your tax-deductible donation is used to help animals in need. 92% of each donation is made available to The Angel Fund while the other 8% is donated to the AVMF’s Greatest Needs Fund. Unlike other animal assistance foundations, these funds do not pay for salaries, office supplies, fundraisers, or other expenses unrelated to care.